We’re continuing with themes for our weekly content and this week we’re focusing on wellbeing. Now more than ever, keeping our wits about us and ensuring we practice self care is critical to running this marathon COVID has put us on; one that seemingly has no mile markers. Are we at the beginning? Middle? We just don’t know and so practicing staying in the present is really the only variable over which we have control.
It’s tricky to stay in an intentional mind-set when the pandemic seems to be serving us curve balls faster than a ball machine on the highest setting. All we can do is practice our agile ‘footwork’, stay flexible and on our toes for the next shot, whether it’s a lob or a smashed overhead shot. Be ready but be relaxed.
I hope the content below provides some tips for caring for yourself and some ideas to stay above the fray of swirling chaos. Acknowledging that this is hard and digging deep to employ your resilience will see you through.
Have a great week and be well,
- Three chefs share the reasons they meal-prep, and tips for making meal-prepping easier during quarantine
- Researchers’ advice on turning a rough quarantine day around
- The mental health benefits of an art practice are clear- here’s some ways to incorporate making art into your week
- An expert on the science of happiness shares advice for practical, day-to-day methods of boosting your mood
- Suggestions from experts on how to improve your sleep, especially in stressful times
- A lighthearted piece with suggestions on how to brighten your Mondays
Things to Do Around the World
- Virtual cooking classes for a variety of price points (many of them free!)
- Some of the best free workouts you can stream from home
- Free resources for mindfulness practices, including guided meditation