Those of you in the U.S. probably experienced a very different Thanksgiving this year. Heeding the CDC advice, my immediate family dined together and then joined extended family on zoom. I have had extreme cooking fatigue so my 11 year old and husband stepped in, did all the shopping and prepared the meal. For that, I’m VERY thankful!!
With the upcoming holidays and COVID-19 cases surging nationwide, many are attempting to do all their holiday shopping online. The good news is that I have you covered!
My team has researched some gift ideas and places to shop that work for impact on the greater good. There are so many struggling small businesses out there, along with so many individuals who are in need, this is an opportunity for you to support them and move outside the Amazon realm. Just remember, small businesses do not have the infrastructure for delivery that Amazon does, so shop early as you’ll need to allow extra time.
Enjoy the weekend and happy gift hunting!
- Three suggestions of organizations to contribute to for a “gift that gives back”
- Perfect gift ideas for anyone on your list from small businesses run by Native American women
- Etsy’s gift guides series provides endless suggestions of small businesses to support this holiday season- check out this guide featuring “Go-To Gifts for Creative Families”
- Read about Facebook’s #BuyBlackFriday challenge: featuring a gift guide with over 60 small businesses and virtual events (and 7 more suggestions for Black-owned businesses to support virtually on Black Friday)
- Check out these stores’ virtual shopping experiences, which aim to simulate the classic mall shopping trip
- If you want to give experiences, not physical gifts this year, there are plenty of online virtual experiences in a variety of categories
Things to Do Around the World
- 45 ideas for DIY holiday treats that make the perfect gift
- 80 DIY creative gifts compiled by HGTV
- 14 more simple DIYs you can personalize