There’s lots of content this week, so will keep my greetings short. As we approach Valentine’s Day many people are in strict lockdown so we took extra care to provide activities for all ages.
Maybe this is the year to write a long love letter to your beloved or treat a friend to a virtual ballet that you can watch together online. I hope your Valentine’s Day is filled with chocolate, maybe a bit of champagne and lots of love.
Enjoy the weekend!
- Check out these 8 spectacular buildings designed to express love
- Here are the 50 highest ranking songs with the word “love” in the title- revisit some old favorites this Valentine’s Day!
- Read more about the origins of Valentine’s Day- and the history of the classic Valentine’s Day chocolate box
- Want to hone your love letter writing skills? Look no further!
- "Lockdown Mindscape” – a series of posters depicting the COVID experiences of the artists’ peers in stunning graphic design
- The El Paso Zoo is continuing its “Quit Bugging Me” tradition, where donors can name a hissing cockroach after an ex, and the Zoo will feed it to their animals on a livestream
- Here are 5 romantic pieces from art history- which one is your favorite?
Things to Do Around the World
- The St. Louis Ballet presents “LOVE (and ballet) in the time of Corona.” The piece features new choreography as well as excerpts from classical repertoire, including “Sleeping Beauty” and “Swan Lake.” The dance concert streams at 7 p.m. Feb. 13 and 14.
- A free event hosted by the NYU School of Professional Studies about the upcoming book The Art of Looking at Art
- Treat yourself to some creativity on the morning of Valentine’s Day with the Met’s free “Drop-in Drawing- Fashion Illustration” class
- Party N Paint in Dublin presents Sip and Paint - a live online class to do with your beloved.
- A tutorial on how to design your own dried flower bouquet